Monday, February 28, 2011

My First Post

This is my first blog and this is my first post. I am quite excited to start a blog. You can read my "About Me" to know a little bit more about me. I had a good day of school today. During History we learned about Louis and Clark. In 1804 Meriwether Lewis and William Clark set out on a mission to explore and make a map of the west part of what is now the United States. They stopped for the winter at a first nations settlement. While they were there they met a man who offered to come with them with his wife Sacagawea. When winter was over and they left, Sacagawea's son was only two months old! She carried him the whole time! They met all kinds of animals they hadn't seen before. Louis once saw a bear and shot at it. He was used to the small black bears. This bear was a grizzly. It chased him and he ran while shooting at it. The grizzly was nine feet tall! Louis killed it just in time.They now had to stop again for winter. The tribe that they stayed with didn't speak English, so they would say one thing in their language and Sacagawea would translate it into a language that her husband knew. He translated it into French and a man who spoke both English and French translated it into English. This process must have taken a very long time. The chief of this tribe turned out to be Sacagawea's brother. Can you imagine what a surprise that was? Three years after they left they Louis and Clark returned, successful in making a map of the west. Sacagawea carried her son Jean-Baptiste on her back! She must have been very strong! This isn't everything to know about them but I will let you figure out the rest yourself. I will post again soon. Bye

5 comments:

  1. Hello Christine! Welcome to the world of blogging. I am so proud of you for taking this great step. I know you will have so many wonderful things to say and I will follow your developments and encourage you along the way. Way to go Christine. PS I love your design and first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope to post pretty often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool Christine. You officially know ALOT!!! I have no idea how this Bolg....Bglo....Blog stuff works. But I'll check in sometimes and read all the knowledgable stuff you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine! Good for you to take on the challenge of managing an online space. Looking forward to reading your new blog... love the look too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't notice your picture when I was on your blog last time. Is it new or did I just not notice. Well, it is an amazing picture. Did Kylie take that one? One thing I'd like to know is, where did our little Christinie bam-beenie go? This grown up girl seems to have taken her place. Love the picture. You are beautiful in every way.
    love Auntie Lynn

    ReplyDelete